This blog is like me.. Completely random. Music, fashion, photography, food, movies, books... Good luck following my crazy stream of consciousness!

Monday, January 17, 2011

Pictures of my Pawpaw

Tomorrow is my grandfather's funeral. It's going to be a military funeral, aka, LOTS of crying. I called him Pawpaw.. His name was H.D. Herndon (the H.D. was short for 'Hansell Devan').  He was my dad's dad.

Anyways, I got the task of putting together the slideshow because, let's face it, the funeral home doesn't to a very good job and they charge $150. 

It's been both amusing and emotional to go through all of the pictures. Here are some of my favorites:
This is my grandparents' wedding picture.. He was 19, she was 18. They just celebrated their 58th wedding anniversary.
This is him when he was in the army. He was drafted just two months after his and my grandmother's wedding. He is in front of the Coliseum in Rome here..
Here's their whole family sometime in the 70s... My dad's the one on the left of Pawpaw.. Stud.
This is my parents' wedding. December 6, 1980. My grandfather officiated.
I just love this picture of him and my mom!
I think this is around 1992... I'm the one with the GIANT bow. My mom made them (my parents are on the left).
:)
This is me with my grandparents (note the bow, again).. My grandpa owned a sailboat when I was growing up.
He baptized my brothers (yes, they're twins).
Here's the whole family (my mom was the photographer) for their 50th anniversary.

Here are several years of Easter pictures:

I love this one of them.
I must say, I love this picture... I took it this past Easter. :)

Hope you enjoyed my walk down memory lane. I'm very blessed to have been in his life and am looking forward to seeing him again some day..

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love family photo. Old and new. They do offer some great inspiration.

.