This blog is like me.. Completely random. Music, fashion, photography, food, movies, books... Good luck following my crazy stream of consciousness!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Craziest first week of a year EVER.

This has been a crazy week!

So, Thursday night there was a creeper at my apartment.. My roommate and I are on the second story of our condos. We heard something at our bedroom windows and so we decided to check outside.. We went out to see what it was and there was a LADDER against our building right in between our bedroom windows!! Ahh! The same thing happened to a friend of mine about a month ago in our same complex. We called the cops immediately and they came out and took the ladder and dusted for prints and everything. FREAKY. They were pretty sure it was a peeping Tom and not someone trying to rob us but STILL..

We were quite freaked out so (since I live in the South and all) I called my cousin (since I don't have a boyfriend or an older brother) and he came and slept on our couch with his gun. Let's just say we slept a bit more soundly. :)

Anyways, Friday was pretty crazy too because it was not looking so good for my grandpa. I ended up leaving work after about an hour because someone asked me how I was doing and I burst into tears. I spent the rest of the day at the hospital and for the first time since Christmas day, the doctors had hope for my grandpa. He's still not out of the water, he has pneumonia and a staph infection in his blood. He's on a ventilator and they're keeping sedated.

My cousins from Jacksonville came into town for a quick visit too.. Here are a couple of pictures from tonight.. It was the first time all of the cousins had been together in several years..
This is our awkward family photo.. we're lined up from oldest to youngest.

So, my new year's resolution has REALLY been tested this week and it's just the first week on the year! My goodness it's going to be an interesting year, haha.. I actually have a lot of peace and I'm holding on to my joy in all of these situations. It's good to laugh at yourself and at the craziness in your life. I hope you have a stupendous week!



UPDATE...
On top of ALL that I got laid off from my job today. I guess all this just means it's going to be one hell of a year!

2 comments:

Rebecca @ Piggy Bank Dating said...

I'm proud of you! I hate to hear about your job...those situations are always tough and hurt. It's incredible that you had already resolved to find joy in the joyless situations. I know that the Lord will bless you through this. I will be praying for you. Let me know if you need anything!

Katy said...

Thank you!!

.