This blog is like me.. Completely random. Music, fashion, photography, food, movies, books... Good luck following my crazy stream of consciousness!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Nutcracker!

Let me just say, today was awesome...

It started out with a couple of practices. One was for a Christmas program and one was for something really exciting... I'm playing in a band now and we're playing LIVE on the radio on Tuesday night!! I'm pretty sure it will be available online here. Our band is called Caravel and it consists of myself on violin, my friend Melody on violin and vocals, and her brother Chris on guitar and vocals. We'll be playing "Carol of the Bells" (my favorite), "I Wander As I Wander", and "Little Drummer Boy". None of them are the traditional versions but they are great. I'm sooo excited / nervous.

After practices, Melody and I saw "Voyage of the Dawn Treader". We opted for the 2D version because it was cheaper and because I heard the 3D was unnecessary.  It was really good. It didn't follow the book exactly, but it was still really good. And the actor who played Eustace was perfect for the part. He was exactly as I had imagined him when I was a kid, down to the voice.

Lastly, Melody and I went to see the Mobile Ballet perform the Nutcracker! I'm pretty sure I haven't been since I danced in it 14 years ago. It was so fabulous. I think I'm finally in the mood for Christmas.
Here they are!
Melody and myself. :) We decided to go all out and get dressed up.
Here's my outfit!
Dress: Anthropologie
Sweater: Express (years ago)
Shoes: Betsey Johnson (see close up here)
Headband: Target

No comments:

.