This blog is like me.. Completely random. Music, fashion, photography, food, movies, books... Good luck following my crazy stream of consciousness!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Movies From High School...

Recently I've been on a movies from my teenage years kick.. You know, the cheesy high school romantic comedies from the late '90s, early '00s..

In the past few weeks I've watched She's All ThatDrive Me Crazy, & Center Stage and boy did they bring back memories from my middle school / high school years (I graduated '05).. There was also Never Been Kissed, 10 Things I Hate About You (Heath!!!), Bring It On, Clueless, Cruel Intentions, the list goes on... It's so funny go watch those movies and be like "She was in that?!" or "we wore that?!". It's amazing to see that some of the "big movie stars" of today got their starts in the high school angst (love that word) movies.

And you can't forget about the awesome soundtracks!!! Ha! Not gonna lie, I listened to some Britney Spears when she first came out (Hit Me Baby One More Time anyone?).. And who can forget the boy band era -- Hanson, Backstreet Boys, NSync, 98 Degrees..

Did I miss any? What were some of your favorites from this list or from your high school years?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah! I loved all those movies. I graduated in '02. I watch Never Been Kissed every time it's on. I still can't believe Jessica Alba was in that. Another one of my faves was Now & Then. Such a great movie and cast - Christina Ricci, Thora Birch, Rosie O'Donnell, Demi Moore, and my crush Devon Sawa....loved him, well still do ;)Thanks for this nostalgic post!

Katy said...

So fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) Soo many of my celebrity crushes were formed from those movies.

.