This blog is like me.. Completely random. Music, fashion, photography, food, movies, books... Good luck following my crazy stream of consciousness!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Something For Myself

I think it's good to treat yourself every now and then. Now, my usual gift to myself is shoes, but this time I treated myself with a skirt. Not just ANY skirt, the Patagonian Maxi skirt from Anthropologie.
I have longed for this skirt ever since it came out, so in honor of my new job, I bought it for myself. It's every bit as awesome in person. It's long enough to wear my 5 inch heels with and you can pull it up and wear flip flops with it. I am in love. 

Here's how I styled it today:
I wore it with an American Eagle tank, a necklace from Clockwork Couture, and a lacy vest from Buckle. And I wore my 5 inch gladiator Jessica Simpson shoes under it. It was a perfect outfit for this smoldering heat here. It got up to about 103 degrees today with about 100% humidity. HORRIBLE. But, the skirt was nice and breezy. All I can say is thank you LORD for air conditioning!!

And I had a butterfly on my pinky today:

2 comments:

Stephanie T. said...

Katy, I love that skirt on you, it looks great!! I also recently wore that skirt and was having trouble finding ways to style it other than the one I'd already tried (see: http://barchic.blogspot.com/2011/06/walk-in-riverside-park.html). Thanks so much for your outfit inspiration! I'll have to try something like this next time. Genius!!

Katy said...

Thank you so much! I love that the skirt is long enough to wear the 5 inch heels with it but also versatile enough to hike it up and wear some flats. I might have to borrow your look as well!

.