This blog is like me.. Completely random. Music, fashion, photography, food, movies, books... Good luck following my crazy stream of consciousness!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Bring it, Humidity!

So I had an excellent outfit day yesterday.
My hair was obedient despite the 98 degree weather and 100% humidity.
My makeup did exactly what I wanted it to do.
AND I had an awesome dress on in my color.
And I'm finally starting to get a tan. I've been working on it every weekend out at my parents' house because I'm in a wedding in September and really need a tan to pull off the color. So yay!
Coral is my color. Again, sorry for the bad quality of the pictures.. I have yet to master the art of taking pictures of myself.
I am now making the humidity work for me. I half curl my hair so that it's half wavy and the humidity helps it. This will be my hairstyle for the next 4 months.. maybe..

Outfit details:
Dress: Anthropologie
Slip: Anthropologie
Shoes: Vince Camuto

2 comments:

Stephanie T. said...

You're definitely right, you look amazing in coral!

Good for you finding a way to beat the humidity and keep your curls! It ending up defeating me...I get my hair chemically straightened now.

Katy said...

Thank you! It's a random color, but it's one of my favorites.

As for the hair, I kind of accidentally made this one work.. My hair had been in a braid the night before so it was already slightly wavy, so I just touched it up a bit with the curling iron.

I live in Mobile, where we have pretty much 100% humidity for about 6 months.. My skin likes it, so I have decided to force my hair into submission. :)

.