This blog is like me.. Completely random. Music, fashion, photography, food, movies, books... Good luck following my crazy stream of consciousness!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

One Act

I'm so excited to say that I am now officially a sponsor of a 16 year old girl named Dizy Wisna Purnama. She is from Indonesia..

Integrity Music (the company I work for) had its Seminars for Worship over the past few weeks. The final conference ended up in Mobile (where our US office is located). During the concert last night they showed a video for Compassion International. I grabbed this from their website:

"Compassion International exists as a Christian child advocacy ministry that releases children from spiritual, economic, social and physical poverty and enables them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults.

Founded by the Rev. Everett Swanson in 1952, Compassion began providing Korean War orphans with food, shelter, education and health care, as well as Christian training.

Today, Compassion helps more than 1 million children in 26 countries."

Now I've heard all kinds of different child sponsor messages at different meetings, but what really touched me about this one was seeing a little boy thanking his sponsors, crying because he was so happy. They also showed several adults who had been sponsored and hearing their stories was so incredible, which you can watch here:


So, I decided to check out the website and see if it was something I really wanted to do. It's just $38 a month (which really isn't all that much) and you get to change a child's life forever.

One of the reasons I chose to sponsor Dizy was because she was older.. Everyone wants to grab up the little cuties, but the older ones often go overlooked. And at 24, I feel like I'm still young enough to relate to a 16 year old girl.

I'm so excited for this journey and I hope that I can be a positive influence in this lovely girl's life.

Do any of you sponsor a child? Would you ever consider sponsoring one?

No comments:

.