This blog is like me.. Completely random. Music, fashion, photography, food, movies, books... Good luck following my crazy stream of consciousness!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Single Awareness Day...

So "Single Awareness Day", as I am calling it at this point in my life, was not as bad as it could have been. (Or as Zachary Levi put it on Twitter today, "Happy Make Single People Like Myself Feel Awkward Day".) I had a nice lazy morning with a breakfast of french press coffee and some almost-burnt bacon. It was a beautiful day today. Clear skies and about 68 degrees. PERFECT.

Here is my outfit for the day.. I decided to kind of dress up.. I mean why not? Just because I'm a single girl does not mean I can't look pretty!! I'm a big fan of making summer dresses work in the cold(ish) weather, so here it is...
All you have to do is add a thin long-sleeved shirt under it and put on some tights and boots and there you go!
The dress is Free People, shirt is from PacSun, Target tights and Gianni Bini boots. (And please note my cat on my bed, haha.)
Here is the details on the top.. I got it this on sale back in August and I LOVE it. It's too pretty for just one season. :)
The boots were 70% off at Dillard's. Makes them even better!
And the eye makeup.

I met with my dad for frozen yogurt at this new restaurant called "Chill"..
Dark chocolate with cookie dough and M&Ms..

Let me tell you my dad is great.. Instead of flowers he bought me SHOES. Seriously, my dad is amazing.
Behold the awesomeness:
 Jessica Simpson. Not a fan of her, but man, the girl can put out some shoes!!!
Aren't they just loveley??! I love how the colors in the platform extend to the heel.
He also got me this lacy vest thing... (please excuse the sweatpants)
 It's from Buckle. It looks very Anthropologie-ish to me.
 The back has beautiful roses on it.
This what it looks like in the back..
Isn't my dad great?!

Well after yogurt with my dad I went to see Gnomeo & Juliet with one of my dearest friends, Alicia. The movie was soooo stinking cute! James McAvoy and Emily Blunt were the voices of the title characters. It was just great. It's very child-friendly but has enough humor to be enjoyable to adults. There are a couple of pretty funny innuendoes hidden in there as well.
After the movie we came back to my place and I made yummy chili and chocolate chip cookies and we watched Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix (her first time to see it).
Excited!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day! I'm still not going to say the V-word... Teehee....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job styling your dress. It looks fantastic. Big props to Dad for the shoes and vest. Those shoes ROCK!! Sometimes dads make the very best Valentines!

.